SaskatoonFOW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assault-charge into contact

4 posters

Go down

Assault-charge into contact Empty Assault-charge into contact

Post  lorsve Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:26 pm

This may have come up before but for charging into contact are you limited to charging a team or platoon you shot at? P147.
"When charging into contact an assaulting team that shot in the shooting step must charge a team that was within 8" of a team from the platoon it shot at. "

So RAW it appears a Tiger could shoot at a sherman and then charge an infantry platoon in another direction. The illustration is vague in that the tanks are still charging into contact with the guns but makes contact with the infantry that are in front (closer).

The headings are "Charge who you shot at" and the illustration "Charge towards who you shot".

lorsve

Back to top Go down

Assault-charge into contact Empty Re: Assault-charge into contact

Post  lorsve Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:28 pm

I did check the main site but did not find clarification.

lorsve

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:38 pm

I don't think towards has anything to do with it. As I understand the rule, you can basically charge anything within 8" of what you shot at. This allows you to try to suppress another platoon's defensive fire before the assault. I like the rule, assaulting is tough enough to pull off as it is.

Timbo

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:03 pm

Timbo wrote: I like the rule, assaulting is tough enough to pull off as it is.

Have you tried rophenol? WAAAAAAYYYY easier man.

ScottRadom

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:39 pm

Easier than shooting? I guess it depends on if you prefer them lifeless, or literally lifeless. Shocked

Timbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:23 pm

lorsve wrote:This may have come up before but for charging into contact are you limited to charging a team or platoon you shot at? P147.
"When charging into contact an assaulting team that shot in the shooting step must charge a team that was within 8" of a team from the platoon it shot at. "

So RAW it appears a Tiger could shoot at a sherman and then charge an infantry platoon in another direction. The illustration is vague in that the tanks are still charging into contact with the guns but makes contact with the infantry that are in front (closer).

The headings are "Charge who you shot at" and the illustration "Charge towards who you shot".

remember that the sherman would have to be within 8inches of what you are assualting with the tiger. so its not like the tiger is firing 40 inches away and then assualting infantry.
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum