SaskatoonFOW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Public Address - Please Read

5 posters

Go down

Public Address - Please Read Empty Public Address - Please Read

Post  Theterrainguy Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:52 pm

Can this be fixed? That’s the question I have asked and discussed numerous times over the past six months or so. The answer I believe is, yes! Fixing this whole rift in the community, between players and between people as grown adults has been my intention the whole time, although my actions and messages on the internet I see have not always been in the best interest of my own intentions. Despite what anyone thinks I have been working or attempting to work at doing good things for this community. Now I am not going to illustrate or list what I have done in terms of building the game in Saskatoon. To that end you have either seen it or you haven’t. But just know that I have been working behind the scenes. In speaking about the community and mending the rift I want to publically state that I want each and every person that plays Flames of War in Saskatoon or surroundings areas to be playing as a single community of gamers. Not two groups under one roof or as two clubs. I feel that having two groups only serves to divide the gaming and doesn’t grow the group as it could be and as I know it can. Certainly a large part of joining the groups is going to come from mending fences. Know I am not here to demand or even ask for apologize from players. I will say I do apologize for all the messages or wrong doings, slights, or insults that I have expressed in message or forum posts. I am as much to blame for perpetuating the arguments and animosity that exists as the next guy. To that end I am sorry for the hurt feelings and poor display of behaviour on my part. My actions are my own and I will lay no blame at anyone’s feet or as a result of anyone’s actions.
I will leave it at that I move on from here in a more positive and constructive manner. I will be competing in the events as often as my time allows and will hope to see people across the table in tourney or friendly games in the near future.

Cheers,
Shawn Morris

Theterrainguy

Back to top Go down

Public Address - Please Read Empty Re: Public Address - Please Read

Post  Ryan G Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:29 am

Nice to see Shawn. From the pm'img I have been doing over the past few days with Shawn I do believe this to be a sincere attempt and olive branch to mend things. For my part, I apologize to you Shawn, for the manner of posts to you and insults I have made.

Just want to add, that not everyone in a gaming group has to be best friends. But it would be better though if people could be friendly acquaintances.

Ryan G

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:09 pm

Hear hear. This is a major step in the right direction. Shawn, my whole issue was always with the original event, Curtis' verbal abuse of Shaun, and your refusal to acknowledge it. I think people should always be held accountable for things they say, whether in person or online. Everything else stemmed from that. The tournament stuff was bad form, but I used to be a WAAC gamer in my early days of 40K so I have done things just as bad or worse. It would be hypocritical of me to hold a grudge on those grounds. There is a lot of water under the bridge here, so don't expect everyone to become chums overnight (like Ryan alluded to). However I'm willing to let bygones be bygones.

I do believe the person who was subjected to the most wrongdoing in this whole messy affair was Shaun. It is entirely his perogative whether he's willing to accept this or not. I know you are not personally responsible for the post that started this, but I think it would mean a lot to the community if you would at least acknowledge it and agree that verbal abuse is never an acceptable way of solving a gaming dispute.

Timbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:10 pm

Whoops - double post.

Timbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Theterrainguy Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:17 pm

I don't think the internet is a way to solve problems, real problems period. I think Shaun and Curtis need to iron out their issues - however they so choose is their concern, and their concern alone. I think if we start speaking for others we only end up with more issues. I will do my part to fix what I can, and let the rest iron itself out.

Theterrainguy

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:51 pm

In my personal opinion, I don't find you sincere at all.
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  Theterrainguy Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:01 pm

Nothing I can do about that.

Theterrainguy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeff M Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:33 pm

I would say this is a big step in the right direction, sure everyone doesnt need to be best friends but having a gaming group that is undivided will work the best, not only tourneys but introducing new people to the hobby as well.

Jeff M

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum