SaskatoonFOW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scott's American Armored Company blog.

3 posters

Go down

Scott's American Armored Company blog. Empty Scott's American Armored Company blog.

Post  ScottRadom Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:59 pm

I'm putting together an American tank company with a platoon or so of armored rifle support. Again. I'd love it if I could find my old army as I am basically making the exact same list I used to run. At least I can update the painting on the army. I started with a test halftrack to see if I liked what I could do at a reasonable speed. I'm assembling and painting the army as a late war force but I will play it as a mid war as well. Sue me!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The base is Brown Violet shaded with a mix of 1:1:1 water, devlan mud, and badab black. Applied about 2-3 times focusing on the lower half of the vehicle and the interior more and more as I progressed. Pure undiluted badab black was washed into the tracks and road wheels as well as the interior driving compartment.

Base colour was reinoforced then I added green grey to the brown violet up to pure green grey in about three steps. Deck tan was added to the green grey until I was using pure deck tan for some of the edge highlighting. Pure Ivory was used in a select few edge highlights, mostly along the passenger compartment. I probably glaze these layers on at around 1:3 or 4 paint to water I'd guess.

Tires were basecoated with a mix of black with a little bit of dwarf flesh added to it. I personally don't like using pure black paint for very much. Just a touch of something else usually makes it look less harsh and unrealistic I find.

The weathering was some MIG and Pro Pigments added as washes and a very little amount just stipled on in powder form then sealed down with MiG fixer. Mostly used MiG Dark Mud and Pro Burnt and Raw sienna. I didn't add too much as I don't want the vehicles over weathered.

ScottRadom

Back to top Go down

Scott's American Armored Company blog. Empty Re: Scott's American Armored Company blog.

Post  Ryan G Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:16 pm

Looks great Scott! I'm looking forward to seeing more. You'll have to show me how to use the pigment stuff sometime for weathering.

Ryan G

Back to top Go down

Scott's American Armored Company blog. Empty Re: Scott's American Armored Company blog.

Post  Brian M Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:07 pm

Yes very nice. Is that devlan mud at the den?

Brian M

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:31 pm

Yeah Brian, Devlan Mud is one of the GW washes. Great stuff! I use the GW washes on every mini I paint.

ScottRadom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down