SaskatoonFOW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ratte

3 posters

Go down

Ratte Empty Ratte

Post  Timbo Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:55 pm

There is a company now making models of the Landkreuzer P.1000 "Ratte" in 1/100 scale. This hilarious concept would have weighed 5 times what a Maus did and essentially mounted a battleship turret with two massive naval guns plus a 128mm gun, and numerous smaller calibre weaponry. Check it out:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm not making this thing up, honest!:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Timbo

Back to top Go down

Ratte Empty Re: Ratte

Post  Shaun Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:52 am

I think you could only use one of them in fow Laughing
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:59 am

Those wacky Germans. They had plans for an even larger vehicle as well. A 1500 ton behemoth designed to transport the 800mm Krupp railroad gun. Good thing they were using resources to design ridiculous vehicles instead of tanks that didn't catch on fire.

Timbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan G Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:21 pm

Awesome! Bigger is better right? I enjoyed William's story about going to the WW2 museum and comparing the quality and craftsmanship of German equipment to anything else. Sure, they designed this, but you know it would have been a quality product!!

Ryan G

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:06 pm

It would have been a beauty, until some allied bomber dropped a 1000lb bomb on it. But wait, I forgot the Luftwaffe would have air superiority with all of their jet fighters! If wishful thinking = reality the Germans would have won the war handily!

Timbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum