SaskatoonFOW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Soviet Field Stronpoints

3 posters

Go down

Soviet Field Stronpoints Empty Soviet Field Stronpoints

Post  Trevor Y. Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:04 pm

Interested in purchasing some Sovit Field Strongpoits like Trenchline and HMG Nests.  I can't find these on the FOW website.  How do I get these?

Trevor Y.

Back to top Go down

Soviet Field Stronpoints Empty Re: Soviet Field Stronpoints

Post  lorsve Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:33 pm

XBX02 Machine Gun Bunkers
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I'm not sure what the end of a russian HMG looks like but it has MG42 and MG34 for germans and a British one you can put in.

BB131 Trenchlines
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

lorsve

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor Y. Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:40 pm

Thanks.  All my searches on their website came up with nothing.  LoL.  Looks like my Search-fu is pretty weak...

Trevor Y.

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor Y. Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:06 pm

I can't find verification on this. How many mg bunkers and trench lines total do I need for a Strelkovy Company to be considered Fortified for scenario purposes?

Trevor Y.

Back to top Go down

Post  lorsve Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:59 pm

I'm not as sure for russians. The rulebook does refer to using 2x bunkers to become fortified which covers the majority of lists I'd consider playing fortified as. You can be fortified without any bunkers but I'm not as clear on that.

lorsve

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor Y. Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:52 pm

Yeah all I can find is if you have two or more bunkers your company is considered fortified and is auto defend.

Trevor Y.

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:32 am

p 156 Red Bear.  If you take field fortifications you must take two field strongpoints.  Each field strongpoint consists of minimum 3 trenchlines.  Under V3 rules you must have 2 bunkers to be a fortified company so you would need to take 2 MG nests as well.

Timbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor Y. Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:05 am

Great!  According to the book, you must take 2 Field Strongpoints, and each Field Strongpoint is a minimum of 15 points which includes 3 trenches each, so that covers the 6 trenchlines. 

Am I reading this right, that I would take the Strongpoints and attach them to my Combat Platoons, and that these Combat Platoons have to be deployed in the trenchlines at the start of the game?  Does this also mean that my bunkers need to be within command distance of the platoon when deploying?

"When the teams of a Fortified Platoon are Deployed, they must be placed in the Trench Lines, Gun Pits, and Tank Pits that come with their platoon. Only teams from the Fortified Platoon may be deployed in its Entrenchments. If there are insufficient Entrenchments for the platoon, any teams that do not fit in the Entrenchments may not be used in the game"

These trenchlines are 8" wide each so 6 of them will cover almost 3 feet.  That is a lot of space!  Can you attach more than one platoon to each set of 3 trenchlines (24" span)?  Or just one?  Can you place more than one stand deep in them, or do the stands have to be touching the trenchline to be considered in there?

I noticed that the Bunkers and Trenchlines have to be deployed prior to the objectives being laid down.  If this is the case, would this not create a disadvantage?  Opposing player can place the Objectives in areas where the Trenchlines or bunker have less value.

Sorry for all the noob questions.  I think these strongpoints really add to the 'feel' of the game.  I am interested in understanding this more.  I read the downloadable pdf on Fortifications.

Trevor Y.

Back to top Go down

Post  lorsve Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:22 pm

Yes, If you want to play them as fortified platoons, the must deploy in their attached fortifications. If you do not deploy in them they are removed from play and the platoon is not considered fortified. If your playing fortified platoons you also have to deploy their bunkers in the same 12" bubble. Bunkers don't have command distance per say as they aren't given a skill rating(except in specific uses).

Trenches are always 1 stand deep. 

Objective placement: Yes thats exactly what happens. You can affect his objective placement choices but yes he will generally place them away from your fortified platoons.

lorsve

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor Y. Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:01 pm

Thanks Lorne.

Trevor Y.

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor Y. Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:44 pm

Can't find these for sale.  Battlefront says they have none.  >.>

Do we have any of these in the storage closet at the Den for borrowing while playing?

Trevor Y.

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:46 am

I think there's some trenchlines in there.  Nests are easy to make.  They just have the footprint of a medium base for a HMG one.

Timbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor Y. Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:50 am

So it is just on a rifle stand?  I thought they would be bigger than that!

Trevor Y.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down