Germans!

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Re: Germans!

Post  Trevor Y. on Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:36 pm

Well, I was very productive today. Of all the things I ordered, all I have left to assemble is 5 Stugs, 2 boxes of Panzer Grenadiers with Command, and one King Tiger. Almost ready to play with my own minis.

Assembled and ready for Priming:
10 Panzer IV
5 Stugs
5 Panthers
Full Motorcycle Recce - Bases Spackled for mud effect
3 Puma Recce with magnetized alternative weapons
1 HS129B3
2 Horch Kfz 15 field car
3 sd Kfz 11 3 ton trucks
3 Kubelwagen
3 Nebs with Command and Observer - Bases Spackled for mud effect

Waiting for Backorder:
6 Panzershrecks

Trevor Y.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Theterrainstudio on Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:44 pm

Quite a start. I dare say your hooked!

Theterrainstudio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor Y. on Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:07 pm

Definitely hooked.

Another productive evening so far. Finished 1 box of 5 Stugs, and 1 box Panzergrenadier Platoon with Half Tracks (including spackling the bases).

All I have left is one more box of Panzergrenadiers, 1 Panzergrenadier HQ box, and 1 King Tiger. That is it...

Oh and to make things even more awesome, my Flames of War Battlefoam carrying case arrived today, so now I can transport them all. Smile

Been a good day!

Once that is all done I am going to prime them, and varnish the primer so I can play with them while I pick away at the painting. I will be starting with the tanks and vehicles, doing massive airbrushing, so they should not take too long once I start. I might take a couple of days off just to get them all done at once!

Trevor Y.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor Y. on Fri May 03, 2013 3:19 pm

Assembly is finally finished, and now I am starting the priming process... Almost playable!
Smile

Trevor Y.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor Y. on Sun May 05, 2013 11:04 am

I played a game with my friend who is just starting to get into the game. He used some proxy tanks, and a platoon of paratroopers that he bought already painted online. He used a list of 830 Americans, and I used 800 Germans. We looked up a few rules we were unsure of, and forgot some f our abilities here and there which we caught after the fact, but nothing game breaking. He forgot his indirect fire rule a few times, and I forgot my protected ammo rule.

My list was Fearless/Trained Panzerkompanie 4 Panzer IV, 4 Stug, 1ic in Panzer IV, and 2ic in Panzer IV, and his was the Confident/Trained tanks & Fearless/Veteran Paratroopers list right out of the Open Fire box set.

At the end of the game all I had left was 2 Stugs, and he had a partial unit of Paratroopers. He failed his company morale to end the game.

He gave me all the Germans out of the Open Fire boxed set, so now I don't have to buy any Pak40's, and I have another couple of units of Panzergrenadiers and 3 more Stugs (13 Stugs total)!

In this game I played with my own minis. They were only primed, but it was nice to finally get them on the table. I am planning a week off to get my 50 vehicles painted up, so that my tank company lists are at least painted, then I will chip away at the rest.

Trevor Y.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Theterrainstudio on Sun May 05, 2013 12:10 pm

Looks like there is a few more people for events. Great - now if you two can recruit 2 more we can really start putting on some big events.

Theterrainstudio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor Y. on Sun May 05, 2013 12:57 pm

I know of at least 3 or 4 more people that are jumping in to FoW over the next couple of months.

Trevor Y.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Theterrainstudio on Sun May 05, 2013 12:58 pm

Great to hear. Let me know if people are looking for painted armies - I might have some fully painted forces.

Theterrainstudio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trevor Y. on Sun May 05, 2013 3:35 pm

I've been keeping my eye on ebay for fully painted Russians...

Trevor Y.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum