Panzers to the Meuse German PDF solid lists, and many of them

Go down

Panzers to the Meuse German PDF solid lists, and many of them

Post  Shaun on Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:17 am

The PDF, i think around 5 lists i just took a quick glance and they have recon!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] PDF link
Shaun

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Panzers to the Meuse German PDF solid lists, and many of them

Post  Shaun on Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:48 pm

Bill daily update Smile

So in looking at the new Panzer Lehr .pdf I notice that most of each of the lists gets Always Attack and Spearhead for NO COST.

From a tournament play perspective, these are awful lists, not because they are no good, but because they are too strong. In one stroke, they make any other German tank and mech list obsolete (along with most lists from other nations). Why spend the same number of points on a list out of Grey Wolf when you can field a better one here for no extra cost. Why spend money on Grey Wolf when you can get better lists from a free .pdf.

Massive pre-game movement by strong forces is already a problem in the game with Americans. So instead of fixing that problem, we double down and make German tank and mech lists have mostly their entire army move forward prior to the start of the game with no “penalty” of having to buy Patton and stay close for the move. Basically this means that the bulk of these German lists, with Stormtrooper, Mission Tactics, Panthers, PZIVs, Pumas, Mounted Assault, etc. Are in knife fighting range on Turn 1 in most games.

Well, I guess that we can quit complaining about Brits with APDS, as Shermans die fast when Germans have always attack and Spearhead. From a tournament perspective, these lists make the game even move unbalanced. Russian lists were bad before, this .pdf slams several last nails in the coffin.

Bill

Myself I hate the new books that gave spearhead movement
Shaun

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun on Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:04 pm

Here is the counter:
The_Riha

Back on point about these German dudes, Bill, I don't think these guys are all that spectacular.

They don't have the wealth of support options available to the GW dudes and still suffer from the point cost/role inefficiencies that plague all PF equipped infantry teams.

The straight up Panzerkompanie might be marginally better than something you can build out of GW, etc., but it's certainly not THAT much better. And Always Attacks is less important for a Tank company anyway. Spearhead might give you an advantage in a fair fight mission, but you already had that going for you with the inherent mobility in the list.

The infantry lists are still paying out the nose for Panzerfausts they will likely never use. The LEAST they could give them is Always Attack & Spearhead.

SideNote: I am just posting this for food for thought Smile
Shaun

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brody, Lance, & Levi on Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:47 pm

We have also watched these Spearhead lists grow. Not sure what to make of it but we have an idea that might help with any Doubles tournaments - make them Total War tournaments. There is no Recce move (which is what Spearhead has to follow) but it will allow other platoons to operate as Recce.
Just a thought.

Brody, Lance, & Levi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo on Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:34 pm

That's a decent solution. Battlefront seems to be suffering from the "Codex Creep" commonly associated with another sci-fi miniatures game. That game is trying to address it by releasing a bunch of underpowered codexes to redress the balance. Those books are not being received very well, as you might suspect. The problem is there's already several really strong (some would say overpowered) codexes that aren't going to be redone for years. Battlefront is not even close to having these levels of problems, but you can see them on the horizon.

Timbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom on Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:34 pm

All points based systems have the creep problem. Not just GW or Battlefront. It's just the way she goes I guess.

ScottRadom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun on Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:01 pm

I agree there is going to be some codex creep, but bf seems to be steping it up a bit more which is a bit worrying.
Shaun

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down