Americans Lists not to play

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Americans Lists not to play

Post  Shaun on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:25 am

So by reading Flames of war and WWPD forums and going by Bill who is a godly good player and a active speaker against some of the new american lists.

I was of not using the 2nd inf division out of Devils charge and the TTD company.

Is there any other lists I should not use to be fair?

Bill doesnt think the American Armour list is op and think patton does fit with the tanks or ARP companies.

SO i was think of using the BGG Tanks list, ARP List and the Parp List in Nuts.

Is this a good idea, piz let me know?

I can always use the older books
Shaun

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Americans Lists not to play

Post  lorsve on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:57 am

I don't actively pursue the best lists but do you think the others are that powerful? I know the TD list needs to be fixed. I think there is a bit of "codex" creep with some of the latest books.

lorsve

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun on Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:33 pm

the 2nd inf one from americans is really strong.

From bill ("Yes, they're overpowered. Yes, Finns and Rangers have been doing it for years, but not CV with SMGs, 5 bazookas (including attachments), and awesome support choices. The comparison isn't even close." )
talking about the TT thro dg when comparing to finns, rangers

These are the benefits it get
changes with DC 2ID are access to 155mm artillery with no precursor, two TD units instead of one, and the ability to trade rifles for bazookas, instead of buying HQ bazookas and adding them. Truscott Trot through terrain is a bit crazy when you see it, but y'know.

It is basically a list that gets a lot of "something for nothing" advantages. The only disadvantage I can think of is the inability to take air and AOP.

O and AOP is pretty dirty. It spots for arty with staff team and can deny ambushs within 8 or 12 inches. cant remember. O and it can move any where the board every turn. lol
Shaun

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun on Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:37 pm

The other one that could qualify would be in EW with the Panzer 38T Czech company. With the czech company you can take Rommel who I guess is stronger than Patton. Basically BF screw up pricing for smallish tanks in Blitzkreig but did a very good job in the other two ew books.
Shaun

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo on Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:23 am

I certainly don't mind playing against any list. The Saskatoon meta is considerably different than that in Britain or NZ. I try to look at every game as a learning experience. I'm sure Bill's assessment is accurate, but I have no problem gathering evidence to support or possibly dispel his theories.

Timbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan G on Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:05 am

I feel the same as Tim. I'd prefer to make my own opinion or judgement and would rather leave it up to the individuals as to the list and/or army they want to play.

In gaming groups, especially ones that get along well, things like this usually have a way of sorting itself out, which can take time, instead of listing off armies that shouldn't/can't be played. Players generally know (for the most part) whether their opponent is having a good time playing against them.

Just some thoughts from a dude.

Ryan G

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Theterrainguy on Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:19 pm

Valid points for a gaming group - play and figure out for yourself if the list is fun or not. To Bill's comments, he is a very experienced tournament player and I am speculating that he is speaking more from a tournament perspective. Although in most events (outside of local ones) - you’re not likely going to play people you know, therefore judgment of their enjoyment level might be hard to gage - in some cases anyway. I think taking a list to win an event is always the best choice, or at least a logical one.

Theterrainguy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo on Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:03 pm

Whoa - that was weird. Shawn, first of all I'd like to say it's really nice to see you offering something constructive rather than trolling or bashing our forums which is what you did last time on here. I would like to ask you one question though. Do you see the irony in banning Shaun and I from your forums and then trying to participate in a discussion with us on our forums? What gives?

Timbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Theterrainguy on Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:12 pm

Shaun wasn't banned - he asked to have count removed. Also, the forum is public is it not. I think that all those posts centered around a long since dead issue.

Theterrainguy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo on Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:37 pm

You didn't answer my question. Let me rephrase it: Do you see the irony in banning someone from your forums and then trying to participate in a discussion with them on their forums?

Timbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Theterrainguy on Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:18 pm

A public forum is just that. To address the public, I speak not to one person. There are people on here and the other boards that can express their opinions, when it was deemed to be non-productive we choose to remove those that contributed to the negativity (on the request of several board members and mods) on our boards. The mods here did not choose to do that - therefore it’s not ironic to me since they had the option to do so but choose not to. If you feel slighted and wanted to contribute to the other forums I can re-grant access, but if not then that’s fine too. As I know the person Shaun referenced in person (building a board for him currently) I do have valid contributions to make. As you may note I seldom post here as very little pertains to topics I am interested in or have input to give. If you feel you can lend to the boards on FOWCanada then have at it (same rules apply, must be productive).

However, replying to this hear might derail this thread so perhaps a PM is the best place to continue - and once this is read perhaps deleting this message would best serve the topic as well.

Theterrainguy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun on Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:28 pm

I agree with Tim.
Shaun

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Theterrainguy on Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:30 pm

Thats fine, I dont actually care what you think though.

Posted: Before you edited the part about me not being able to talk.

Last edited by Theterrainguy on Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Theterrainguy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun on Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:30 pm

Okay sounds good Ryan, Tim Smile
Shaun

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun on Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:31 pm

Theterrainguy wrote:Thats fine, I dont actually care what you think though.

then why are you here?
Shaun

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Theterrainguy on Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:32 pm

It appears as a way to amuse myself. I was under the impression this was a discussion based board.

Theterrainguy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun on Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:39 pm

o really
Shaun

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan G on Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:40 pm

Theterrainguy wrote: The mods here did not choose to do that - therefore it’s not ironic to me since they had the option to do so but choose not to.

I'll speak to this. I would have to say its because we are not insecure and petty.

Thanks Shawn, for the great insight you had about a guy you know. It really was integral to the conversation going on here. I'm sure there are many deep and "productive" conversations going on at Flames of War Canada (I do find it absolutely hilarious that it is a closed forum there's so much that needs hinding!! lol!) that you can take part in.

Ryan G

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Theterrainguy on Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:47 pm

Like I said I am here to amuse myself. I don't control the FOW boards, nor did I create them. I add all who wish to enter the boards (last I checked there was not a sole waiting to be added).

Theterrainguy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan G on Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:50 pm

Theterrainguy wrote:Like I said I am here to amuse myself. I don't control the FOW boards, nor did I create them. I add all who wish to enter the boards (last I checked there was not a sole waiting to be added).

What does this have to do with anything said? Good for you?! Super happy for you?! Does "here to amuse myself" mean unnecessarily troll?

Here's your warning then if you want it. I really don't see the point of you coming here and acting like a child.

Ryan G

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Theterrainguy on Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:54 pm

Not the intent. I gave insight to the original post. Thats was the intent and nothing more. Tim sparked conversation to other topics, and I addressed that as well. Shaun jumped in with his bit as well and now you. So....not sure how this is dumped on me. Not that I care. But the original post was positive in meaning and meant to contribute to dicussion and perhaps spark more (FOW related conversation).

Theterrainguy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo on Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:29 am

Theterrainguy wrote:I think that all those posts centered around a long since dead issue.

You and Curtis are the offenders, you don't get to decide if the issue is dead or not. That's for the offended party or parties to decide. There's no statute of limitations on douchebags. As far as I know there was never an apology made on your or Curtis' behalf.

Shawn, I honestly don't care what you do. It's just very strange that you would suddenly start posting on here like it's no big thing. Shaun is the OP in this thread. If you don't care what Shaun and I think then why respond in one of our threads? You're just trying to provoke a response like you did last time. I'm glad your passive aggressive attitude is back with the "this is the only thread worth commenting on" remark. You have to understand that you're only making yourself look bad with your thinly-veiled hostility.

You are absolutely correct, this is a public forum. We will give you all the rope you want, but you seem determined to hang yourself with it.

Timbo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Theterrainguy on Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:17 am

Thats a lot of words Tim. Many more then I last time I saw you when you tucked tail and ran out of the Den. Looked very impressive and really showed your character. You like to take the stance of being all high and mighty (on the internet) - but if you really want an apology or a to call me a douchebag have the guts to do it in person next time. The issue you will never let die - your taking something small and blowing it up into something much bigger along the way attempting to rally people to your cause they really no one cares about. In the end, people (real people) make their decisions about others themselves and don''t rely on the words or opinions of others (hmmmm.......funny thats pretty much what this thread was about and if I am not mistaken you stated something similar yourself).

Theterrainguy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan G on Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:04 am

Christ Shawn... There are times when I think you actually are slow in the head. Was it really necessary to go there? Here's some more words. Try to keep up!

I don't need to go over the issue at hand because everyone already knows what it is. Shawn... The fallout from yours and Curtis' actions made it so a group of people don't like you or care for what you say, at all (Everyone is already also well aware that there are people in Ontario and all over the world that think you are awesome (Thumbs up to you!) so please spare us in your reply). People did make their decisons and it ACTUALLY wasn't by being brain-washed by Tim or Shaun, Shocking! I'm sorry you're insecure. Many people are. It's ok.

Tim can do a fine job replying to your remarks, so I'll leave that to him if he wants to. But really, what did you expect at the tournament? You show up and Tim runs up to you and yells "You're a douchbag! Where's my apology?!"........Right.

Who are these people rallying to Tim's cause? And what is his cause? I've known him for quite some time and was unaware he even had a cause. I just figure people (real people) have made a decision about someone.

Ryan G

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Theterrainguy on Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:28 pm

I am sorry who are you? We met, what once - not sure I even spoke to you. So I guess thats how you formulate opinions. I have heard more then my share about you as well, but since I REALLY dont know you I reserve judgement for myself, and still do until we at least have a conversation. I am sure Tim will post up. As for expecting things from Tim. I expected him to be a man and address issues he has, not run out. Looked bad, although we had a good cuckle about it, so not all bad come from it. Regardless what you or anyone thinks I care not. I have a place to play and people to play against - this will always be the case. You and few others never play anyways so I dont get the loss. Well actually there isn't any.

Theterrainguy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next